Virtual Trapp Lecture: Senju’s Waterfalls for Chicago | The Art Institute of Chicago
2021.12.03 10:57 Madame_President_ Virtual Trapp Lecture: Senju’s Waterfalls for Chicago | The Art Institute of Chicago
2021.12.03 10:57 Traditional_Day2886 Whats r/nootropics stance on the effectiveness of racetams?
Hello, I failed to find a good amount of studies investigating the effectiveness of racetams in healthy individuals. I did find however a range of positive effects for hypoxia, neuroprotection, stimulation etc. I wonder if they just didnt conduct studies where people who take it for a while have to do tests, or wether there are some that negative results. Please enlighten me!
submitted by Traditional_Day2886 to Nootropics [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 MoreThanJustMommy How to feel positive vibes in the middle of tragedy.
I’ve been through a lot the last 6 months - and yet I’ve been able put positive vibes out and sit with those vibes - and I know they have worked bring some peace back into my life.
I live in the same town I was raised in, and I love my hometown. My house is 10 miles from Oxford High School. And I am shaken.
It can be easy to turn off the news and ignore the negativity when it isn’t happening in your back yard. I’ve grieved when watching these events on the news in the past, when they have happened somewhere else. But how do you get past the hurt and the worry and the fear when your entire community is hurting and scared and angry too? The feelings are so different when it hits this close - it can’t be imagined until it happens.
There is no escape - and I would feel guilty if I somehow COULD feel joy when my own neighbors have lost a friend and more.
I am grateful that my own son came home from school that day. We hugged him so much. Is there a method to feel the gratefulness and not feel guilt attached with it?
I have so much to be grateful for. And I am. And yet my heart aches.
submitted by MoreThanJustMommy to lawofattraction [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 Competitive-Pea6160 Welcome to the City Zoo! Hope you enjoy your work or journey!
from: Zhihu, by：andylizi
File 1: The City Zoo Visitor Regulations
Dear visitors, welcome to City Zoo! We have an extensive collection of animals from all over the world, with suitable habitats constructed for every species. For your own safety, please make sure to abide by the following rules. Enjoy your visit!
- Our containment measures are secured beyond doubt and are impossible for animals to escape. In particular, small herbivores are always locked up in sealed habitats. If you see any escaped rabbits around, please stay away and alert the staff immediately. Do not approach or touch them, especially if they're starting to dash towards you.
- There is only one street in Gorilla Land. Only gorillas live in Gorilla Land. If you see two streets and rabbits, please take the street on the left and leave the area as soon as possible.
- Elephants are massive creatures with a long trunk, thick legs, and wide, flat ears. They are not white. Please ensure that you see, and only see elephants in Elephant Park.
- Stores in our zoo do not sell "rabbit blood." Please do not purchase if you see them on the shelf.
- Do not stay alone under the tree shades in Rabbit Field.
- The zoo does not have an Aquarium. If a staff member tries to sell you a ticket, refuse them.
- If you are already seeing the Aquarium, leave immediately and call the number on the map.
- Do not feed rabbits. Other animals are fine.
- Rabbits do not laugh. If you hear laughter that clearly isn't from other visitors while in Rabbit Field, please tear off the map along the dotted line and hold it tight. Do not let go until you are completely out of the zoo.
- If you have unfortunately broke any rules above and found yourself lost and alone, please search for the nearest store posthaste and notify the clerk with a blue uniform. (NOTE: if the clerk has a black uniform, please ignore them no matter what they say.) They will immediately take you to the staff entrance of Lion Mountain. Don't be afraid, the lions won't attack you. Please hide behind the rock and stay put until every white lion starts to roar. A staff member will then take you out of there (make sure they're wearing a blue uniform). Your companions will be waiting at the entrance. Please leave the zoo immediately afterward.
File 2: Staff Regulations
- There're only four white lions in the zoo. If you see more than four lions roaring in rule 10, stay where you are and notify the staff. Only leave after the number has returned to four.
- You can buy any animal toys for children under 12 and below in our gift shops, including rabbits. Rabbit plushies brought for children aged 13 to 17 must be discarded within one month of the purchase. Those above 18 must not buy rabbit-themed toys.
- If you see a person wearing rabbit ears or rabbit hats who enters Elephant Park with the crowd, don't go in. The zoo cannot be held responsible for your safety should you choose otherwise, and there's nothing to be done afterward.
- Lion Mountain is safe. If you're in danger and unable to seek help, please immediately seek out Lion Mountain at any cost.
- Be wary of friends that you've once separated from. Especially if they repeatedly try to convince you to visit the Aquarium or Elephant Park. As long as you follow the rules, you will surely have an enjoyable trip! Stay safe and have fun!
Our zoo has some of the best employee benefits, including ten times the usual wage, frequent holidays, and universal insurance. For your safety, please always keep these rules in mind. Life is precious and you only have one. Follow the regulations for both yourselves and your families.
- Do not try to capture escaped rabbits, nor should you approach. Lure them to Lion Mountain and let the white lions handle them.
- There is only one street in Gorilla Land. If someone reports that they saw two streets or rabbits, please lead the visitors to the left street and close the entrance. After all visitors have left the area, close Gorilla Land for at least ten minutes.
- When inspecting Elephant Park, if you feel that the elephants looked remarkably different from the drawing on the sign, immediately look away and repeatedly tell yourself that real elephants look like what's on the sign, not what you just saw.
- If you work at a store, please check the shelf once every hour for appearances of "rabbit blood". If any is found, take it down immediately and store it away.
- Prune the trees in Rabbit Field every month. Try not to leave any shades in the Field.
File 3: Notice posted outside the Aquarium
- The zoo does not have an Aquarium. If your colleagues bring up the Aquarium and insist it exists, stop the conversation immediately. They're not the person you know anymore.
- If you see the Aquarium, do not enter. Tell yourself it doesn't exist and leave immediately.
- Feeding time for rabbits is once a week. Anything outside of the authorized food is forbidden.
- If you hear laughter that clearly isn't from visitors while in Rabbit Field, turn to the last page of Staff Regulations and tear it off along the dotted line. Go to Elephant Park and throw the slip on the lawn. Other staff will understand what's happening and will not blame you for littering.
- If a visitor asks you for help claiming they separated from others after breaking the visitor regulations, take them to Lion Mountain at once. The staff there will know what to do. Staff wearing black uniforms might try to interfere. Refuse and ignore them; they're not your colleague.
- There're only four white lions in Lion Mountain. When it suddenly increases above four, show them some "rabbit blood" and splash it onto the first white lion running towards you. Leave immediately afterward. Do not stay and watch.
- Do not smuggle in/organize/restock/use any rabbit shaped products. Contact should be kept to a minimum. If a visitor wants to buy a rabbit toy, first confirm the to-be owner is underage and refuse to sell it otherwise.
- If a person wearing rabbit ears enters Elephant Park, immediately disperse the crowds and guard the entrance. Don't let anyone in until you hear childish shrieking in the Park.
- It's normal to have ears buzzing, chest tightness, migraine, and/or red, puffy eyes for less than five minutes. No need to worry. However, if the symptoms continue for more than five minutes, stop what you're doing immediately and head for Lion Mountain by any means, as quickly as possible.
- Be kind to white lions. There's never any need to be wary of exactly four lions. They are trained and are accustomed to humans.
If you are sadly attacked by white lions and haven't died on the spot, disregard the sixth and the seventh rule. No need to go to hospital — you won't die. After leaving Lion Mountain, head for the Aquarium. You will find it promptly. You will wear a black uniform.(This part was hidden, since it was printed in some sort of special ink that only appears in certain situations. )
If you are lucky enough to see this notice, please keep quiet about it. It's taboo to let others know you can see. As you can probably tell from the regulations on the map, this zoo is a dangerous, sinister place. We're a secret government organization that endeavors to protect innocent visitors. To ensure the safety of your life, please abide by the following rules. They're the only way for you to escape the zoo unharmed.
- Enter the Aquarium. There's no one here. Take one of the black uniforms at the door and put it on. This is the only way to signal SOS to our agents. When you're walking about, our agents will notice your uniform. Don't worry, the real employees won't bother you.
- Do not go to Lion Mountain.
- Make sure there're always rabbits nearby: escaping rabbits, rabbit toys, people wearing rabbit ears, or "rabbit blood" from the stores. Rabbit is our secret signal; it symbolizes safety and protection.
- Do not look at the signs while visiting Elephant Park.
File 4: Bulletin board inside the Aquarium
- Don't trust any rules on the zoo map; do not follow them. If you do, please immediately tear off a piece of the map along the dotted line and go to Rabbit Field, then inconspicuously feed it to a rabbit. Wait until you hear laughter that clearly isn't from visitors, then go to the street on the right in Gorilla Land. The safe exit is at the end of the street.
- Do not enter the Aquarium when there's someone here. If a staff member greets you when you come in, immediately find an excuse to leave after reading this notice.
- If you haven't seen any staff by the time you read this, you can look around or have a rest here. Help yourself to the food — it's available for free. However, "goat meat" should be ignored if you see it on the shelf.
- If you entered before 16:00, you must not remain in the Aquarium for more than half an hour.
- If you entered after 16:01, you must remain in the Aquarium for at least four hours.
- This is the Aquarium. There're only aquatic animals here. If you see elephants swimming in Whale Bay, please avoid any loud exclamation or making a scene. It's just a projection effect made by a techinque called Pepper's ghost. This special effect was installed just for entertainment purposes. Please continue on as normal and pretend they're just whales.
- You can stay the night in the Aquarium. Beside Jellyfish Reef are hotel rooms for tourists. If you decide to stay, please make sure to turn off the jellyfish night light before going to sleep.
- Here our staff members are all dressed in red uniforms, and they only come in after 00:30 a.m. for cleaning and inspection. If you meet staff with a black uniform, it's fine to talk with them or let them act as your guide. But do not hand over your map, especially the part with the dotted line.
- Break these rules at your own risk.
- The Aquarium exists and does not belong to any organization.
File 5: The Aquarium Staff Regulations
- Do not work during the day. The working time is 00:30 to 06:00 a.m. You can come in moderately late or leave early, but do not come early or work overtime in any circumstances.
- The hotel rooms beside Jellyfish Reef are provided for anyone in need. When you get to work, please check whether they've turned off the jellyfish night light before 01:00. Remind them until they do so. You have the right to forcibly turn it off. Do not under any circumstances allow the light to be on after 01:15.
- The drowned elephant corpse in Whale Bay is an experimental 3D projection technology. Just ignore it not matter how realistic it looks. And don't try to find the switch, it doesn't need to be turned off.
- The equipment in the monitoring room is broken and inconvenient to repair, so please patrol it every hour. Sudden power failure or loud noise is normal, no need to worry about the fish. If you feel uncomfortable, you can rest at Jellyfish Reef. It has a robust power system and absolutely won't lose power.
- It's normal to have visitors holding a zoo map. Do not answer questions like "where is the Aquarium located in the zoo." Ignore them and leave if they pursue the matter.
- On Sunday after work, please make sure to recharge the jellyfish night lights. Never, ever forget about it.
- Restock the food on the shelf every week. If there's unfamiliar food marked "goat meat," please leave it in the storage box in Whale Bay. Someone will take care of it for you.
- You can go anywhere at work time, as long as you don't leave the Aquarium. If a visitor staying the night wants to leave before 06:00, try to dissuade them. No need to get physical if they persist through, nor should you follow them. Just carry on as usual.
- If visitors wearing a black uniform want to stay the night, you must refuse and throw them out forcibly. You can find tasers and tranquilizer guns on the workbench in Jellyfish Reef.
- If visitors staying the night have rabbit toys with them, steal it after they fall asleep. Put it in the storage box in Whale Bay. They won't make a fuss when they wake up.
- If visitors staying the night wants to talk with you, it's fine as long as you turn off the lights in time. Do not mention "the City Zoo." If they bring it up, immediately change the subject.
- The Aquarium operates independently. There're no zoos outside. Remember that.
Document in the zoo director's office.
(No title, no introduction, just a printed paper securely taped to the wooden table.)
- Accept any employee, no matter what color of the uniform they wear. Although the zoo only provides blue uniforms, if somebody appears with a red or black uniform of the same design, please treat them all the same.
- It's normal to hear childish laughter or crying when there's no one around. Just ignore it; pretend you haven't heard anything. Must not show any distress or restlessness.
- It's forbidden for staff members to bring pets to the zoo. No need to take action if someone disregards this rule. Just warn them it's on their head.
- Take notes on the number of white lions in Lion Mountain every three days, and record the changes in a spreadsheet under the folder named "It." Do not investigate what It refers to. Do not rename the file. Do not talk about the folder with anyone, including your family.
- Every map has to have a part that can be torn off along the dotted line. Maps must be produced by a specific manufacturer. Contact details can be found in a document in the folder. The office must always keep at least three maps ready to use.
- No matter how high the turnover rate of the guards in Elephant Park gets, no matter how outrageous the perks they request are, please treat them kindly and do your best to meet their demands. Know that they are not being unreasonable. It's for the best, however, that you don't ask the reason behind.
- While doing your rounds, if you see staff chasing escaped rabbits, picking up withered jellyfish, or rabbits killed by white lions, it's all normal. There's no need to scold them or ask questions. But please make sure they've done things properly.
- The office must be brightly lit between 01:15 and 06:00 a.m. even if no one is there. The power system is the most robust one in the whole zoo, and power failures are abnormal. If it happens, immediately take a map from the right side of the desk and tear off a piece along the dotted line. Hold the piece of paper in your hand and walk out. Tell the first staff member you see about the situation, no matter what color of the uniform they wear or what they are previously doing, then ask them to handle the power failure for you. They won't refuse.
- Don't think too much about whether the Aquarium exists. But if you do see the Aquarium, you can go in and have a look around. Outside of the Aquarium, please follow the notice outside. Inside of the Aquarium, please follow the notice inside. If they conflict with each other, follow the one base on where you are when you see them.
- Only gorilla plushies and white lion plushies are placed on the sofa in the office. If a goat/rabbit/elephant plushie appears, don't work indoors today. Leave until the staff in the monitoring room notify you the extra plushies have disappeared.
- Afternoon naps are fine, but if you decide to work at night, you must stay awake by any means. Do not doze off. If you're not sure you can, just don't work at night.
- Security cameras will break sometimes. To confirm it's business as normal, check if there're animal hairs on the camera. Don't repair the camera for a month if there're. In the meantime, you can buy and install a camera yourself if necessary. The expense will be reimbursed by the financial office.
- It's normal to have withered jellyfishes in the rubbish bin. Just tell the cleaner when they take out the trash.
- If any of the above rules are violated, please stay in the office for thirteen hours while pretending nothing happened. Order takeout for meals and let a staff member bring it in for you. Do not leave the office. Do not look straight at the staff or the delivery guy. Do not look at mirrors. Always remind yourself that humans have, and only have two eyes.
File 7: A slip of paper picked up by a visitor.
- Always remember, the safety and life of humans are more important than animals. Never hesitate to sacrifice any animal. Don't be softhearted; you don't know whether they are animals.
(Scribbled on the corner are the words "ESCAPE
- "rabbit blood" doesn't exist; it's "goat meat." (The line was written and crossed out repeatedly, previous words are indecipherable.)
- Goat Hill is elephant. (An elephant with rabbit ears is badly doodled underneath it.)
- Rabbits eat gorillas. (Cross out. "gorilla" is circled with a question mark.) Can't talk to staff in Gorilla Land. Can't get out. Can't feed gorilla. Can't enter with one road.
- Mustn't enter Aquarium when no one is there.
- Only "goat meat" is edible.
- If lights out in Aquarium, can stay the night. They don't lock up.
- First four white lions are gorillas. Fifth one is goat. Rabbit is elephant. Blue is black. (This is underlined.)
- You are elephant. (This line is written in an illegible scrawl.)
- I am goat. (This line is written in careful, neat handwriting.)
Post-it from a guard working at Elephant Park, three years ago
To the crew on the next shift, people who came across this by chance, and new hires of the job:
（结尾的介词应该是 of 还是 for？这里真的可以这样表述吗？）
Greetings. While you're working at this place, please be sure to follow my advice. These are my accumulated experience over the years on how to keep your safety and sanity. I don't want to lose my colleagues anymore. I don't want to go through more strange incidents. I trust you don't, either. Go about your day as though nothing happened after reading this.
- Always remember the color of your clothes. It can be any color. Red, blue, black. Do not change the color of your clothes. It's exceedingly important to stay firm and confident in your identity. Don't let It find you wavering and hesitating on your perception.
- Believe. Trust. Faith. Humans are trustworthy. Only humans do.
- Rabbits eat people, those who wear rabbit ears don't. Tree shades eat people, those who prune the tree shades don't. Elephants eat people, those who watch elephants don't, nor do those who don't watch elephants. White lions eat people, glowing jellyfishes don't. (In immature, childish handwriting: Is it because jellyfishes don't have brains?)
- It cries when It's foiled. It laughs when It triumphs. Doesn't matter what It is, stay far away if you see. They don't know yet.
- Strange food suddenly appearing on the shelves are all probing attempts. Don't look at the sign upon it, don't mind what others call it, just ignore. If necessary, you can even purchase and eat it as normal. Don't let It realize you've noticed it.
A slip of paper left in a hotel room in the Aquarium. Found by a staff member and placed in the storage box in Whale Bay.
(Margins of the paper are scribbled full of markings: "SCARED" "PLEASE LEAVE HERE ALIVE" "DON'T TRUST" "MUST TRUST" "ALL MIXED UP" "MUST WRITE DOWN." In addition, "WILL NEVER ESCAPE WITHOUT DOING THIS" is written in the place where the title should be, traced over several times.)
- gorillas and white lions see It, jellyfishes and rabbits comfort It, elephants and goats are Its puppets.
- trust in white lions. white lions bite those who can yet be saved. white lions bite those who are well beyond hope. the roar of white lions sounds the alarm that deters and repels It. the roar of white lions sounds the death knell for the dead and the lost.
- you will be found if you change clothes; don't change clothes. (noted beside in illegible and frantic handwriting: solidarity, bravery, and unwavering loyalty are humanity's greatest virtue.)
- the guards in Elephant Park are trustworthy. but they go off work at 1am, seek help before then.
- It's drawn to light, especially at night. It hates confined spaces. should sleep in a small, dark room
- What?! That damn goat meat is literally raw meat! (This line is more illegible than others. Followed by less messy handwriting: "it's godamn edible?")
- You will not be found when standing near gorillas.
- Humans have two eyes; they're arranged horizontally, with a nose in between. others are not human. appearance of humans changed, because It's watching. must remember humans. don't trust humans that are not humans.
- smiling visitors you should ignore; they don't see anything. find visitors scared like me. they can be trusted. they already know.
- be grateful to withered jellyfishes and drown elephants. remember they died to protect humans
- there's an exit, not in gorilla land. don't know what would happen if one tries to leave the gorilla land
- always remember you're human, not animal.
submitted by Competitive-Pea6160
to Ruleshorror [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 chopsbeyummy Shredded cardboard in coop for bedding?
Has anyone tried using shredded cardboard as bedding in a chicken coop instead of hay or straw or wood shavings?
Does it work? Can you mix it in with the other items or is it best to just completely avoid using it?
submitted by chopsbeyummy to BackYardChickens [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 tintinomalley We need access to Pre and Post markets, Revolut
I’ve spent the last two hours watching $Didi:nyse spike and fall in pre market and I’m left holding the bag because Revolut lacks the feature to trade in pre and post markets. Is there a way around this that I’m missing? Or is it time to migrate to a trading app with more features
submitted by tintinomalley to Revolut [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 Zodiac1919 Imma wait 20 years to post this on History Memes
2021.12.03 10:57 OG_Squeekz How do I have fun?
So, I grew up playing SC1, WC1,2,3 and AoE1 and 2 as well as every other major RTS of those era's, CC, AoM, Rise of Nations. But I primarily play CoH2 these days. I primarily bought AoE3 out of nostalgia and memories of my youth. But I find AoE3 extremely boring.
I primarily play Rus because I like the play style. When I play PvP I usually surrender because I find the game extremely boring. The first 20 minutes is probably the most enjoyable, raiding etc. But once people start walling up and turtling I lose all desire to play. In every game I've played I completely destroy the actual combat, 10-20 K:D but I feel like winning fights/being a better commander doesn't matter in this game. Am I missing something? or is AoE3 just a boring game?
submitted by OG_Squeekz to ageofempires [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 YourRooster NYC Woman That Drove Through BLM Protest Goes To Court
2021.12.03 10:57 7di7di Queen Made In Heaven autographs CD Cover signed Brian, Roger and John
2021.12.03 10:57 Malkor Scared of Chaka - Shoolboy
2021.12.03 10:57 NFT_DigitalArt Apeiron: Generative Art NFT | MAKE IT TO THE WHITELIST: You need to have an ENS address | Free to mint (just pay gas), drop down your ENS address, and follow us on Twitter to get a chance to make it to the whitelist | Details in comments below. [X-post from /r/Rarible]
2021.12.03 10:57 StatCanada Unemployment rate in Canada falls to lowest level since before the pandemic / Le taux de chômage au Canada diminue pour s’établir à son plus bas niveau par rapport aux niveaux observés avant la pandémie
submitted by StatCanada to canada [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 telex_bot Az alkotmánybíróság közel 300 bejelentés után kimondta, hogy nem alkotmányellenes az egészségügyi dolgozók kötelező oltása
submitted by telex_bot to telex [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 Wifey1786 Choice No Longer Available
This is frustrating - Just went to select my choices for the Dec bag and they are apparently all sold out?! Did this happen to anyone else?
submitted by Wifey1786 to Ipsy [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 somedumbretard666 Happing time!
2021.12.03 10:57 jml1877 Coworker left a window open and was fired for “ conspiracy to commit theft”
okay so this just happened,
i work for a housing charity and as it’s coming up to Christmas we got a grant which allowed us to buy iPads and some laptops to give out to our in need tenants, we got about 50 iPads and 20 laptops and while we were putting them away we joked around saying things like “ i’m sure they wouldn’t notice one missing” just saying obvious jokes. we put them all in a locked room which only the Director has they key for.
the next day we got an email from a higher up and in all caps exclaiming about a window in the office being left open, they’re really anal about windows being left open, the window was a slight bit open because they don’t even open that far in the first place. Anyway turns out it was the guy who organised the grant to be put in, in the first place who left his window beside his desk open, we thought nothing of it just overreacting about a window, we were also having new cameras installed because we’ve just moved offices and someone just asked a simple question of where the cameras were.
So the higher ups came to the conclusion that with us joking about taking an iPad someone asking about the cameras and someone else leaving a window slightly open that he was trying to steal the iPad’s
This guy who is quite a big guy was going to come in the middle of the night squeeze through an impossible gap in a window somehow get into a locked room and steal ipads which he arranged for in the first place he’s the only person who knew about them before they came in he could’ve stolen one of them if he really wanted to.
so yeah they called him into a meeting room and told him their wild theory and fired him, he messaged a couple of us saying what happened but none of the higher ups have even acknowledged or bothered to tell us that he’s been fired or why he’s been fired just acting like nothings happened, worst part is he’s the only person who does his job so there’s been no cover or anything like that.
We really don’t know what’s going on.
submitted by jml1877 to antiwork [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 trubluekangaroo Haven't played apex since season 8, what's changed?
I haven't played apex since season 8,what are some of the main changes in the game, with weapons, legend meta, ect
submitted by trubluekangaroo to apexlegends [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 Longjumping_Town8726 Angel fish dead, what did this fish have?
submitted by Longjumping_Town8726 to Cichlid [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 TumultLion PSA for anyone with Hashimoto's along with Celiac...
My endocrinologist specifically sourced Mylan brand levothyroxine for me stating she gives it to all her Celiac patients. Just wanted to tell you guys since I hadn't heard of any one brand claiming to be GF!
Obviously not certified of course, since there is absolutely no framework in the U.S for medicines in that regard, but it beats having to constantly cross my fingers at w.e manufacturer they decide to give me and meticulously read the ingredient list every time.
submitted by TumultLion to Celiac [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 RealEazyPhantom Christian Lofi (Spotify Playlist Submission) is now available!
2021.12.03 10:57 Laytonc97 Played pokemon white for the first time and It was very fun. I actually enjoyed the fact that it was exclusively gen 5 pokemon. This was my team.
2021.12.03 10:57 AP_Adventure Exploring Coastal Ecosystems and Foraging - Diving for Mussels, Catch and Cook!
2021.12.03 10:57 DizzieParallax So...I think I need help.
Hey first time posting in this sub. I'm starting to think I have a problem. I'm just gonna start from the begining. When I was younger, like 18 or 19 I used to talk to women online all the time. Flirting, cyber sex, cam 2 cam all that stuff. Eventually most of these online relationships became phone conversations, and from there I started taking greyhound trips to places all over the country to meet and have sex with these people. Mind you this was at a time when everyone thought that meeting someone from online was super taboo and any attractive woman online was probably some big hairy murderer or something. Regardless I was jumping on greyhounds semi regularly, probably every other month to meet up with new people. I'm in the mid west and was going as far as New Jersey, Florida, and Texas. Meeting women on military bases and such. Lot of lonely wives. Mind you I'm only 19. I still lived with my parents at the time. I would tell NO ONE I was leaving. And I didn't realize how dangerous this was until I was older.
Fast forward a few years and I'm with my kids mother. She was convinced I was cheating on her; and with good reason. I constantly flirted with other women, and never stopped talking to women online, albeit I stopped visiting them obviously. Still, it was pretty toxic to that entire relationship. Fast forward bargain to the next relationship. We were swingers, having sex all the time. With each other, with other people it didn't matter. We had sex easily 4 times a day regularly. I used to have a sex bucket list, we checked everything off the list in two years. She was one of the most attractive women I've ever been with, and was down for pretty much any sex act. I STILL CHEATED ON HER. With my kids mom, with random women I worked with, with random women I met online, all sorts. To this day, I have no idea what I was thinking or why I did that. Up until that point it was the best relationship I'd ever been in, in just about all aspects, but I still ruined it with my shitty behavior.
After a pretty intense break up with the young lady I was just talking about, I moved across the country. It was the first time I'd been single since I was in my early 20s. To say I acted out is an understatement. I was meeting new women on a regular basis. This was at the tail end of Craigslist personals and if you ever had any success there you know it was a gold mind. I had 5 fwbs, and still took home women I met at bars or clubs etc. I was fucking all the time and it was bliss.
This all ended when I got custody of my kids. Full custody of 3 children, forcing me to immediately slow down. I ended up saying goodbye to all that debauchery and moved back home. That didn't stop my activities however. I was still constantly on PoF and OKCupid looking for a hookup; and usually I was successful.
Fast forward to present day. I'm married, to my best friend. Literally. I've known this girl since freshman year of highschool. She was my first roommate. She is my best friend and I adore her. I have a happy life we have a great home, a new baby and everything in my life is great. So why am I still doing what I've always done? I'm completely happy in this relationship and we have tons of sex. So why am I hitting up old flames, and trolling the dating sites and affair sites(and recently I've moved on to the escort sites). Cheaters are always inevitably eventually caught. It's not an if it's a when. And if I can't stop I'm gonna lose my best friend and the most stable happy relationship I've ever been in and I don't know what to do.
It's like a compulsion. I NEED to have an orgasm. Multiple times a day. I'm constantly watching porn. I masturbate at work like 3 times a day and have for years. I'm constantly on the sites and while not as regularly as i used to I still meet up with other women sometimes. I feel like such a piece of shit for this. It makes me feel disgusting. Other than sex with my wife all the other orgasms as so unfulfilling. I'm never satisfied and it just makes me want more. When I haven't orgasmed in a few hours it causes me actual physical pain in my groin. This is maddening, and I don't feel like I can talk about this with anyone in my personal life. In ashamed and have always kept this close to my chest. Even when I was single as a kid taking my Greyhound adventures, cause it was wired and I didn't think anyone would understand. I still don't think they would. No one would have sympathy for the guy who can't keep it in his pants and is cheating on his wife with some regularity. No one would help, or understand. And I don't know where to turn or what to do.
This is going to eventually ruin my life if I can't stop and I don't know how. This makes me feel like the shittiest person on the planet. I don't know what to do
submitted by DizzieParallax to SexAddiction [link] [comments]
2021.12.03 10:57 PlusPizza463 Karma 4 Karma
submitted by PlusPizza463 to karma4karma [link] [comments]